Friday, July 31, 2009

Classmate Update: Andrea Schiers

Although I thought I may leave Idaho right after graduation from high school, I actually stayed around for another seven years and spent them all in the cozy college town of Moscow. Nestled in the golden rolling hills of the Palouse, I spent four years in journalism school and then, once I realized I did not want to be a journalist, spent another three years in law school. In the meantime, I managed to fit in a bit of traveling, and visited London, Mexico, and even the exotic Boise for a summer while I worked for a federal judge there.

As law school graduation drew nearer, I set my sights west of the Cascades and landed a job at the Washington State Court of Appeals in Tacoma. Soon after, I moved the 35 miles north to Seattle, where I've lived for the last two years. Now I work at a mid-sized law firm in a small town a few miles outside of the city, and am often reminded of the places back home that somehow don't seem too far away.

When I'm not working or commuting, I enjoy long talks with my cat, watching TV on DVD, cupcakes, taking the bus, sleeping in, bacon, and, if only in my fantasies, reading non-law-related books.

I look forward to catching up with everyone at the reunion!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I first read "sleeping in bacon" and that did not make any sense--plus, it sounded quite greasy...

The Girl said...

I wouldn't put it past me.